USA IRS report

Reaction score
Country
United States
My uncle lives oversea. He visited US this year. While he was visiting US, he made a big purchase of furniture at a local furniture store using his oversea credit card. The furniture store issued him invoice with his name and information. Then, he picked the furniture and send the ocean container to port to be ready for exporting, the agent told him that he has to use a US company with EIN to export the goods oversea. He came to me and ask my help because I am running a corporation in US. I decided to help him exporting the furiture. I provided the EIN number and company name to export agent then submitted the commercial invoice to the agent. Then I realize that it will be an issue when we do the tax report for this year because we provide the commercial invoice and sold to oversea. But we don't have invoice with company name on it from the furniture store because my uncle paid the bill. What should I do when I do the tax report to IRS next April?

PS: to solve this issue, I ask my uncle to wire the entire money for furniture to my company's bank account and we are going to re-purchase the furniture. He did wire the money in to my company. But when I went to furniture store to re-make the payment and have them to switch the name on the invoice, they said they cannot do it because it against the law. So, the money is in our bank account. But we are unable to make the payment.

-Jerry

Ask a Question