Late filing of Form 8606

USA Discussion in 'Individuals' started by Scrubjay, Oct 22, 2018.

  1. Scrubjay


    Oct 22, 2018
    Likes Received:
    Anyone know an IRS code, section RR, or other citation where it states an individual can file a Form 8606 late? I just tried filing one for 2005 (did not do one then) and was denied (IRS LTR 105c) stating they would not allow my claim because it was beyond 3 years.

    Now, I need to find out where it states in the IRS documentation that this can be done and provide it to the IRS (imagine that).

    There is a lot of online discussion that people have successfully done this (for much earlier years than 2005) and received IRS letters acknowledging receipt (not denial).
    Scrubjay, Oct 22, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.