UK Legal Fee Invoice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a legal fee invoice, relating to the purchase of a company. The total invoice is £6,000 however we will be paying £2,500 and the ex owner will be paying the rest. How can I record this invoice please? Can I enter the total as only £2,500 with closing payment, or do I have to enter the total invoice amount?

Thanks for your help!

bklynboy

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Who is being billed on this invoice and is legally responsible to pay? If the firm is required to pay and there is a separate agreement between your firm to get reimbursed by the ex owner record as a full payable by your firm and full expense. Then reduce the expense and set up a receivable from ex owner.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Who is being billed on this invoice and is legally responsible to pay? If the firm is required to pay and there is a separate agreement between your firm to get reimbursed by the ex owner record as a full payable by your firm and full expense. Then reduce the expense and set up a receivable from ex owner.
Thanks, the ex owner has been billed for this invoice, so he will be settling all of it and we have to pay him £2500.

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In that case you shouldn't be recording the invoice. The ex-owner should invoice you for £2,500 and you should just accrue for it until they do. Keep a copy of the original invoice to back up where the charge originates.

Ask a Question