Lost a Quicken 2005 account

Reaction score
I happen to be a 77 year old senior citizen that's been able to upgrade my software and solve several problems. I have been using Mac computers since Apple II days and I'm presently running OS 10.6.3 on my iMac. Somehow over the years I never deleted Quicken files when I upgraded. My last upgrade was back in 2005 when I upgraded to Quicken 2005. 25 May I emptied my trash and later when I went to open Quicken is that it couldn't find the data file. I eventually to various 2005 folders came up with data back in 1999. I tried looking in spotlight for Quicken .qdfm files and I was able to get back transactions which included 2004 through September 2006.
I haven't been able to get it back from that point to 2010 so I lost about two and half years of transactions. I tried that recovery, rescue 3 and stellar Phoenix. I found a few files in rescue 3 but only a couple in stellar Phoenix. When I got back and try the various data files I had it would jump to 1999 and then through others I finally find 2006 again but could never get it later than that. I know I had some Quicken files as been my trash for a long time. My Quicken was working fine during this time. I didn't think that anything in the file could be used by an application I was using being you can't open anything without removing it from the trash. This has caused me a great hardship and evidently to my stupidity. I don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated. Norm
I ALSO HAD IT BACKED UP ON TIME MACHINE BUT COULD NOT RECOVER IT.

Last edited:

Ask a Question