USA New Job, New House, Just out of School... and getting Married.... by year end?

Should we get married in 2019 or 2020?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am just out of school and beginning employment in October. I engaged to a fellow classmate who will be beginning employment in October. So we will both have less than three months income, or around $12,000 individually for the year. We were both enrolled full time in studies for 8 months. Rather than pay more for rent than we would a mortgage (and to beat the spring rush and gain on the low-interest rates), we are buying a house (~$175-200k) this fall with 3% downpayment. We will both make around $60,000 a year individually. I have $20k in student loans. He has $50k. All loans are on fixed payment plans. We are getting married on January 1st, 2020. The question I would like to ask, is would it benefit us to go to the courthouse the week before to get legally married in 2019?

Ask a Question