USA Online degree

Reaction score
Country
United States
helio,

I have recently been considering a degree in accounting. I am moving to Colorado and will be working full time. They offer an online accounting degree at Colorado State University global campus. It is accredited. I am curious if anyone thinks it’s worth it or not since it’s online?

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Any education is only worth the time and effort you put into learning and what you actually learn. Many big universities now have on line programs. They often require more work and discipline than the traditional classroom systems.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
A question to consider. Assume there was such a thing as an online medical school. If you needed brain surgery, do you want the surgeon who went to the traditional school or one who earned a degree on-line?

As an employer, which candidate do you want: on-line or traditional? I think there is still bias out there for the traditional school over the on-line.

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Any such bias is founded on ignorance. It is not so much the school as it is the student. Any intelligent person knows this.

In the example given, assume the traditional school student partied and played and was able to do so because of legacy, old money and possibly even sleeping with teachers/administrators. Whereas the correspondence student came from a poor background and actually had to bruise their nose and knuckles to rise above their borne stature. Do you still want the traditional student?

Let us not even discuss not being an employee, rather starting your own business.

Ask a Question