USA Passed CPA exam with 2.3 undergrad gpa and 3.3 grad gpa. Can I get hired by CPA firm?

Reaction score
I've passed the CPA exam and have a 3.3 MBA gpa and 2.3 undergrad gpa. I wonder how good my CPA firm job prospects are? I should be pleased if someone can tell me.

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Hi Justin, I got 2.27 undergrad GPA accounting major. I want to do MBA to get 150 credit in order to take the CPA exam. but i don't know which university will accept low GPA for MBA. It seems like i have very little chance to get accepted because of my low undergrad GPA. How do you find your MBA program

Reaction score
Hi Justin, I got 2.27 undergrad GPA accounting major. I want to do MBA to get 150 credit in order to take the CPA exam. but i don't know which university will accept low GPA for MBA. It seems like i have very little chance to get accepted because of my low undergrad GPA. How do you find your MBA program
Greetings anhyen,
Thanks for your question. I suggest you apply to a lot of the less competitive MBA programs. If you don't get an admissions offer from any of them then, find out from them if there's any thing you can do to compensate for a low undergrad GPA. They might tell you that if you take the GMAT again and do very well they will admit you into the program. You can also suggest it yourself. But since your goal is to meet the 150 credit hour requirement for the CPA exam, you can actually get the extra hours by taking more undergrad courses. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

JR.

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you don’t meet the GPA requirements then you will need to submit a GMAT. Check out www.eou.edu. One of the lesser competitive schools and a four year public university that offers online MBA.

Ask a Question