UK Prepping for Open University courses?

ZGF

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm happy to say that my work has offered to pay for me to start studying for some accountancy qualifications in the evenings. Exciting!

I'm starting with the Open University course "Introduction to Bookkeeping and Accounting", with an eye towards continuing onto their Financial Accounting and Management Accounting modules. I'm not sure which route I want to take yet, but my understanding is that those courses will exempt me from the first few exams with either ACCA or CIMA.

This won't start until November for me, so I'm looking to do some prep work before then, especially as the student reviews indicate this first course is quite difficult. I happen to have some GMAT review books around which I'm working through just to get my maths hat back on (Philosophy degree here), but I'm a bit stumped beyond that.

Does anyone have recommendations for some basic materials to start working through?
Better yet, has anyone here studied through OU?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Ask a Question