USA Question re Quicken Investment Transactions Report

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,
Does anyone know what Quicken means by the terms "Cash", "Investment Amount" and "Cash+Investment Amount" when they are used in the Investment Transactions Report?

I ask because I sold some shares of a mutual fund and received $512. However, on the report Cash has two lines, with values $604 and -$92, Investment Amount has two lines, -$604 and zero, and Cash + Investment Amount has two lines, blank and -$92.

If anyone can explain what these figures mean in Quicken, I'd be most grateful. BTW, I understand that the sum of the two cash lines is $512.
Many thanks, Peg M

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have the same issue & can't get an answer from my brokerage company. The only thing I can find to do is adjust the cash balance in my Quicken brokerage transactions to the amount shown after I download transactions (using the One Step Update option). Surprisiingly, this does not affect anything else in your investment transacions - ie: #of shares, balances, etc. Hope this helps!

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It means you should not be using Quicken. It is crap software for accounting purposes. Maybe useful for managing a home budget, but even tedious for that task.

Ask a Question