UK receiving contributions for Expenses

Reaction score
Hi all,

We recently purchased all new IT Servers circa 25k. We will now be sharing the servers with another organisation, and they have agreed to pay half of the cost. How do I record the "Contributiuon" I was going to simply credit the fixed assets account, with a payment, but do want this to alter the appearance of the value of the equipment on the balance sheet. The new company will also partly reimburse some additional items purchased, for these expenses, can I simply credit the relevant expense account

Thanks

Counterofbeans

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

We recently purchased all new IT Servers circa 25k. We will now be sharing the servers with another organisation, and they have agreed to pay half of the cost. How do I record the "Contributiuon" I was going to simply credit the fixed assets account, with a payment, but do want this to alter the appearance of the value of the equipment on the balance sheet. The new company will also partly reimburse some additional items purchased, for these expenses, can I simply credit the relevant expense account

Thanks
You record the contribution by Dr Cash and Cr Fixed Assets and/or Expense

Ask a Question