Recently self-employed, what can a UK accountant letter tell to the home office?

Reaction score
Sorry for the perhaps random title.
I know nothing about accountancy and I have started working in august self-employed, providing IT services on an ongoing basis to a company.

My wife needs to apply for a temporary residence card here in the UK, while she is in full time employement the main thing is that me, the EU citizen, is 'exercising treaty rights', AKA working and paying taxes.
I'll be sending them all my bank statements, the hours I worked, all my invoices, proof that I registered as self-employed with the tax office, proof of paying NI as soon as the tax office gives me a code to do so.
Cannot send them proof of payed taxes, because I started workign in the current tax year, or a lease for business premises, because I work online from home.

The form mention a further proof would be an "accountant letter". I don't really need an accountant as my accountancy is straightforward and my income limited, but I'd consider hiring one just for this extra safety.
A friend studying accountacy told me at this point in time an accountant couldn't certify much more than what the documents I am sending in already show.

If any accountant is reading this, what could go in a letter like that?
If I would hire someone, what should I show them?
The documents I am already showing to the home office? (bank statement from august until now, inoices and so on)

thanks for any advice!

Ask a Question