USA Single Member LLC and Capital Contributions / Using Personal Credit

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am running a single member LLC and want to avoid "piercing the veil" of my LLC by comingling personal and business assets.

At a high level, my business is essentially 4 steps.
  • Use available funding to purchase inventory.
    • My funding consists mainly of personal credit cards with cashback rewards. I intend to roll the rewards on these purchases back in to the business as well. At times I would be making personal contributions as well by transferring from personal to business account.
  • Track the inventory in my system (Excel for now... working on programming an inventory system to keep track of everything more efficiently)
  • Sell the inventory and roll the cash generated over in to new inventory as quickly as possible - sometimes can roll it over up to 2-3 times a month.
  • Pay off credit cards by due date - rinse wash repeat
Is there a way to document this properly?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe I’ve found my answer in another thread, which is to reimburse myself with a check from the company as a draw, and pay the bill from my personal account.

DTA93433

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just make sure not to book these "draws" as expenses of the LLC. Also its advisable to run all income/expenses of the business thru a business (checking) account. If you are using an inventory method - other than specific identification - you should consider using commercial accounting software.

Ask a Question