Small Business Accounting

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I am contemplating about switching to a Cloud Accounting platform for my accounting and would like to know how this will effect my accountant and potentially the fee he charges me.
What exactly is my accountant looking at in my books, I am assuming he is not particularly concerned with my Accounts Payable and Receivable but maybe I am wrong.

Could someone tell me what he is looking at in particular in my business so I can determine if the switch to the cloud will be beneficial?

Thanks, I'm looking forward to your responses

Reaction score
Hi Dmart,

I would hope that by adding a cloud based accounts package your accountant starts to help you loom forward rather than backwards.

They shouldn't charge any more unless they prefer billing for compliance only.

If they have not been part of the selection process for software you will need to evaluate the best solution and there are many - Freeagent / Xero and even some of the old school accounting platforms are dragging themselves into the modern era such as Sage...

Finally, any Accountant should be interested in your whole business so that they can help you drive down costs and improving efficiency.

Regards
David

Reaction score
David,
Thank you for your reply, so if I understand you correct using cloud accounting would improve my business since my accountant is able to monitor my business practically in real time? and it would be most beneficial for him and me to allow him to access all the data so he can get a detailed picture of my business.

Reaction score
Dmart

100% correct. By having the data they will be able to help you and your business far more. This should benefit both parties too, hence the fees should remain almost the same (maybe just a little from them or you to cover the licence fees of any new online system)

Reaction score
Yes cloud accounting can be a huge help to you and your accountant. It should help organize and streamline your accounting.

Ask a Question