Software for loan buckets

Reaction score
I don't know if I will explain this properly I am not expert in accounting, but bear with me.

I have ONE mortgage current account which is always overdrawn. Interest is added monthly.

One the overdrawn balance some relates to items I am paying back over say 5 years some items over 1 year and some over say 3 years that kind of thing.

I have been a bit lax and not put the statements in my personal siftware yet and want to do them backdated. However I want to be able to enter the transactions and have internal (representative ) kind loan buckets for each individual loan that is in my head and to be able to attribute particular payments I make to paying off those loans and for each single monthly interest payment be internally divided amongst the several kinda pretend individual loans I have from an accounting pp=oint of view according to the amount of each loan, its term and what I am paying off it.

I have MS Money but it doesn't seem to provide this feature. I have looked at some things in the past which might provide this but they are all so cumbersome. I want to be able to enter the minimal details when the loan withdrawl is made then entry each payment and the interest that the bank has ACTUALLY charged and be able to see each individual internal loan account state with minimal manual action on my part.

Hope this makes seense. Does any one know of such software? Sorry if my post is a bit garnled . Not expert in this field.

Ask a Question