USA TurboTax for LLC Taxes

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi-
I use TurboTax to do my personal taxes each year (wife's too). This year I started a single member LLC and live in WA state. I have spent about 10K and made about 2k off of a few sales.

I generally like to understand how everything works and was thinking about doing my taxes for myself and the business with TT this year. Would it be dumb or risky for me to do this? Should I just get a CPA this year? If so, what would be a fair price to do our personal taxes along with our business ones? I have receipts for everything and am well-organized.

Thanks.

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you run a business, you should not being doing your own taxes let alone using Turbotax.

As for a reasonable cost of a CPA, you should focus on experience and knowledge in the areas you need. You should also focus on a relationship rather than dollars. You may be saving a few dollars but stepping over hundreds.

I would also suggest you learn to not need to control everything. I personally would shy away from taking you on as a client. If you were insistent, I would make sure you pay for it. I am inferring that you do not understand what you do not understand yet somehow still want to control things. From my experience you will take more time, and cause more problems than you would be worth.

Ask a Question