What is the right term for that operation/exercise? and what is the right way to do it? "combine, unify, consolidate, reclassification …etc."

Reaction score
Country
Uzbekistan
Hi,
I am working as an accountant, and part of my job involves financial analysis.
Here is the situation:
My company is a governmental institute, that provides a license for different companies in the manufacturing field.
There are 7 main categories in the market, so we are issuing 7 main licenses.
There are 96 companies in the market, and all of them already got a license from us.
Each year, each company sends us its 3 main financial statements (balance sheet, income, and cash flow).
For each company, we do horizontal, vertical, and standard ratios analysis "profitability ...etc".
Till now everything is fine.
I've been assigned a new task, to compare all companies together to determine which company is better regarding performance ...etc.
So I've calculated the main items in the 3 financial statements like current assets, current liabilities... etc. from the balance sheet. and did the same with income statements, like sales, cogs, gross profit... etc,. and the same with the cash flow like cash from operation ...etc.
So my strategy was to use only the numbers that represent a result of a main item in the statement.
Also I calculated all ratios, prepared everything in a report, and gave it to my manager.
The new task is regarding the detailed items in the statements, meaning that my manager asked me if we are comparing the FixedAssets item from all companies, is it the same container? and when I searched I found that some companies reported net fixed asset, others reported total fixed assets, and other included under conistructions assets under fixed assets.
So, my question is, is if I would like to unify or consolidate, or combine items inside different statements so that it is as like as possible, what is the name of that thing? and what is the right way to do it?
Is it a reclassification?
Please help.

Reaction score
Country
Uzbekistan
oh, it is very expensive and really I cannot afford it right now, is it available elsewhere to check it or download it?

BIG E

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't your employer purchase it? After all - it's for their benefit.

Reaction score
Country
Uzbekistan
Can't your employer purchase it? After all - it's for their benefit.
I am afraid that we are here in a poor 3rd or 4th world-developed country, and not like USA.
Here they deal with it as if it is my main responsibility to get the job done, otherwise, I may let go or get fired from my job,, Long story short, life is hard my friend, and I am just helping myself and not complaining.
Thanks GOD that there is an internet where I can ask questions in such a place.
I am sorry if my reply sounds or seems rude ... but just described the real thing!

Ask a Question