South Africa What makes accounting interesting for you?

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Hi guys. I'm Keanan and I'm studying accounting at UNISA. I used to love learning all kinds of things and was really curious about a lot of things. Now that I'm studying towards a career I feel like learning is difficult and all the interest I had in things are drained out of it when I feel like I need to understand the work. I decided that I wasn't going to beat myself up like this and that I was going to take things slow and get my curiosity and interest in learning back. I really think that having an interest in the subject you're learning is important and that you study better with it. What makes you interested in accounting? What do you think about my thoughts here?

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've yet to meet anybody whose dream was of being an accountant. Wanting to become an accountant seems to happen a bit by accident.

Reaction score
Country
Guyana
Hi guys. I'm Keanan and I'm studying accounting at UNISA. I used to love learning all kinds of things and was really curious about a lot of things. Now that I'm studying towards a career I feel like learning is difficult and all the interest I had in things are drained out of it when I feel like I need to understand the work. I decided that I wasn't going to beat myself up like this and that I was going to take things slow and get my curiosity and interest in learning back. I really think that having an interest in the subject you're learning is important and that you study better with it. What makes you interested in accounting? What do you think about my thoughts here?
This is exactly how i feel as at right now..... I have no idea what is causing it but i'm taking the same approach by taking it slow. Also, due to my recent readings i have found that maybe it's your motivation level that might be challenging you. Because developing your career would require discipline, for you to learn new things and for you to change overall. So the key is finding a higher purpose for this; a higher purpose than establishing your career. Think of what difference/impact you want to make in the world/community/country, etc.

Reaction score
Country
India
It is quite amusing to me how the entire world of accounts just stands on certain very basic core pillars like the golden rules of accounting and the common accounting principles. I also like the practicality of the subject.

Ask a Question