Accountant charges

Reaction score
When you have an accountant are references included in the service, I have had one reference sent to the bank and one company who called the accountant up but no reference given as I changed my plans, just had my tax return and accounts for the year invoice and I'm getting charged £100 for reference. Considering I am self employed , have 12 clients which I work all my incoming and outgoing costs, my car mileage and a straight forward house rental income. I see the accountant once a year to hand my figures in which are all tallied up, I feel I should not have to pay for a reference, what are your thoughts please?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Your agreement with your accountant should cover this. His charge should represent his agreed billing rate times the amount of time he spent on this. Only you know what that rate is (i.e. I do not) so if it seems out of line for the amount of time you estimate he spent on this, question him and ask him to support the amount charged. If you still feel overcharged find another accountant.

Ask a Question