Canada Accounting degree

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Everyone! I wanted to know if I complete my CPA in America, would it be recognized in Canada ? And if I complete my CPA in Canada, would it be recognized in America?
Thanks you !

bklynboy

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would not think its automatic as their are different tax laws at a minimum between the 2 countries. My guess is you will need to sit for some type of abbreviated exam to get certified in Canada. Check the licensing requirements in each country and see what they will require.

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Although bklynboy is technically correct, it depends on where you want to work with a CPA. If you get into an audit firm, then yes, they will be particular about understanding local rules. If you work for a corporation, then generally a CPA is sufficient, regardless of where you got it from. In reality, many senior accountants, controllers, and CFOs do not have a CPA at all, from anywhere. So, depending on where you apply, would depend on if you need to retake your CPA locally.

Ask a Question