Accounting degree

Canada Discussion in 'Career and Jobs' started by Hakusun, May 22, 2018.

1. Hakusun

Hakusun

Hi Everyone! I wanted to know if I complete my CPA in America, would it be recognized in Canada ? And if I complete my CPA in Canada, would it be recognized in America?
    Thanks you !

Hakusun, May 22, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Hakusun

bklynboy VIP Member

I would not think its automatic as their are different tax laws at a minimum between the 2 countries. My guess is you will need to sit for some type of abbreviated exam to get certified in Canada. Check the licensing requirements in each country and see what they will require.

bklynboy, May 30, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Hakusun

Steve-LevelUp VIP Member

Although bklynboy is technically correct, it depends on where you want to work with a CPA. If you get into an audit firm, then yes, they will be particular about understanding local rules. If you work for a corporation, then generally a CPA is sufficient, regardless of where you got it from. In reality, many senior accountants, controllers, and CFOs do not have a CPA at all, from anywhere. So, depending on where you apply, would depend on if you need to retake your CPA locally.

Steve-LevelUp, Jun 1, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question