UK Accounting Software suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just started working as the assistant accountant in a parent company with six subsidiaries of varying size, turnover and business types.
I've been tasked with finding a new accountancy software as the current senior accountant only uses excel. I've been looking for a while but every software I look at doesn't seem to aim towards my problems but instead focuses on accounting in a small business or accounting in a practice. I
s there any accounting software that anyone can suggest that might be good in my business?

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Depending on the size of the business, Quickbooks Enterprise handles multiple businesses and can product consolidated reports (but only if all businesses are in the same currency) If you are a larger business, then Microsoft Dynamics GP might work. It can also do consolidated reports, but allows international consolidation. The price difference is vast, and I think QB Enterprise can cover a great deal of accounting needs.

Reaction score
I just started working as the assistant accountant in a parent company with six subsidiaries of varying size, turnover and business types.
I've been tasked with finding a new accountancy software as the current senior accountant only uses excel. I've been looking for a while but every software I look at doesn't seem to aim towards my problems but instead focuses on accounting in a small business or accounting in a practice. I
s there any accounting software that anyone can suggest that might be good in my business?

Reaction score
Accounting software, in my opinion, are written by programmers that do not have enough accounting knowledge.
The other problem is that they address practice and taxes of the country where they originated. These limitations makes the accounting software almost impossible to adapt to users in other countries or regions. They do not come with a user manual that would be easy to use or undeerstand. I have been using Quickbooks in Panama, in a business that sales gasoline and diesel but the VAT must be booked separately to report to the government. The sales figures come out as recorded but the cost of sales are way out of line. It is necessary to adjust the cost of sales at the end of each month.
In choosing an accounting software, one must use the free trial period offered by the software company to see if it comes close to what one needs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Daniel,
I have just finished installing a cloud based SAGE 200 solution. It has the advantage that there are plenty of third party products that integrate with EPOS etc. The NL has Cost Centres and Departments that can cope with more complex businesses.

Reaction score
The accounting software trade has always been about similar software with the needs of the accountant instead of matching it with the needs of client, and that needs to change..

Reaction score
Country
United States
How to choose the right accounting software is depends on many factors like the cost of the software, features of the software and many more. You can go through with the tools - Quicken Rental Property Manager and Quickbooks.

Thanks

Ask a Question