Migrate accounting software mid year

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi,
I am tasked in migrating accounting for an administration from an old system that has been used until mid 2021 to a new system (Exact Online). From the old system I only have pdf's as we were working with an external accountant in the past.
I had closing balance sheet on 12/31/20 but also a trial balance sheet from 7/05/2021 along with income statement at that point in time. My question is, do I better use the closing balance sheet from 12/31/20 as a starting point and try to mimic the bookings that had been done for 2021 in the old system, or could I use the trial balance sheet from mid 2021 as the opening balance sheet in the new software. If the latter works, how can I also get the balances of the income statement accounts in line with the balances on 7/05/2021. For the opening balance sheet I can just enter the right balances for each account but this does not work for the income statement, against what can I debit/credit those 6... and 7... accounts? Any tips are welcome.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The person who holds the answer to your problem is the former external
accountant. Contact that person and ask for the transactions they posted thru mid 2021. That data should belong to your client as it was already paid for.

Ask a Question