USA Is this a good way to study accounting ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Occasionally I found it hard to explain Accounting terms to someone with no related knowledge, so I made several demonstrations with moving graphics and people start to understand easily. Then I wonder if it's possible to make some Accounting tutoring using this technic. Do people here interested enough to have some conversation? Below is an example of my demonstrations:

Double decline method-Depreciation.
Suppose 5 years of depreciation, last two years switch to straight-line. (R.value stands for Residual Value)

低质量.gif

As you can see, yearly depreciation equals 40% (2/5) of the total amount, regardless of the residual value. When changing to straight-line, we start to consider residual value and divide the rest into half.
Also I've made some other demonstrations, including FIFO, revenue recognition, consolidation, bonds' actual interest method...ect.

Can I get some feedback here? thanks :)

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Using graphics/animation and keeping things as simple as possible is always a good way of getting the message across to your audience without them falling asleep. You might want to add the years to that though so that your audience can see what happens in year 1, year 2 etc.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Using graphics/animation and keeping things as simple as possible is always a good way of getting the message across to your audience without them falling asleep. You might want to add the years to that though so that your audience can see what happens in year 1, year 2 etc.
Yes, thanks for the feedback. Have a good day :)

Ask a Question