USA Accounting Software to Replace ACCPAC 4.1

Reaction score
My company is looking to replace ACCPAC 4.1 with a newer, but similar program to handle accounting functions only. They have a legacy system that is basically an ERP system without strong accounting capabilities, so they want to continue to supplement this system with accounting software.

The company has been importing information from this legacy system into ACCPAC in order to age, apply cash, write checks, and perform other basic accounting functions then exporting the processed data back into the legacy system for reporting purposes.

On top of this, the company prefers a Mac OS or Linux-based accounting program that will play nice with OpenOffice and be on-premise (not cloud.) We handle about 20-24M annually, and only need 5-7 users for the system.

Are there any good options with all these criteria? I am not an accountant, but I have been tasked with compiling options based on available information. With the restrictions, I find it difficult to navigate all the choices out there.

Can you offer some insight?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Yes we have couple of clients using older version of ACCPAC, planning to migrate to Microsoft ERP Products like Axapta or Great plains based on their business process. If you are interested to learn more, please contact me offline.

sam

Ask a Question