Can accountants move between countries?

Reaction score
Are accounting methods pretty consistent across nations? That is, could an American CPA move to Canada, Australia or another country and find a job? Or is there just too much difference between countries to make that feasible? I'm considering career choices and accounting is attractive, but I want something that I can take to another country if necessary.

Reaction score
This is possible to find job in other country but you need to study their laws and rules first. Moreover, Your qualification and your country matter for your overseas job. For example, in UK, Indian qualification is not valued as much as Canadian or American study valued. So, there is quite difference in these cases.

Chawla & Co - certified chartered accountant in Coventry, UK. Providing wide range of services across UK. For more information please visit our website.

Reaction score
It would be very important for you to understand the laws and regulations as they vary from country to country primarily because of the social, cultural, legal, and economic differences. Try checking out websites and books that could be useful in understanding the different accounting standards. Also, make sure that you understand any certification or education requirements for a practicing accountant based on the country you are in as they may vary.

Ask a Question