USA Career transition - from law enforcement back into Accounting-

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the forums here. Just a little
background- I’m currently 29
years old and have been in law enforcement for the past 5 years. I graduated with my Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting in 2009 and completed a Master’s Degree in Criminology in 2013. Prior to my current position, I worked for 1 1/2 years in forensic auditing for the state’s attorney’s office here in NY.

I’m considering going back into accounting (public accounting firms .. small, mid level , even big 4 firms ) - I’ve been out of the auditing profession since 2014 so any advice, tips would be greatly appreciated.

In general , I know the big 4 carries a heavy workload and long hours but how is the work life with say a mid-tier company ? Also, how is the job outlook now considering the COVID pandemic? I’ve reconnected with some college friends who are also in the field and they’ve mentioned that there have been layoffs due to the pandemic.

I made an appointment with an advisor from my old college so hopefully I can gain some info from meeting with him. Any suggestions , advice, tips , would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Ask a Question