CPA USA options

Reaction score
Country
Kuwait
Hi,

I hold a Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) from Mahatma Gandhi University-India (3 year full time) & MBA (Finance) from Madras University-India (2 year full time course) . I have been working as an accountant for 10 years & now an accounts manager for the last 5 years (Total 15 years in accounting field). I stay & work in Kuwait & all entire work experience is also in Kuwait. Am I eligible to take the CPA (USA) exam? I will be 40 next year.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
CPAs are licensed by state. So depends on which state you are considering

Reaction score
Country
India
You would need 120 credits to be eligible to appear for the exams. In your case, with your MBA degree, you will get 60 credits. BSc will also provide you credits. But to validate the number of credits, we would have to take a look at your course subjects, grades, and college/university of study. Feel free to reach out to us and we will help you out with the evaluation and the exams.

Reaction score
Country
United States
One other minor thing I would add to this, in submitting the transcripts to NASBA they will also need to be in English. Not sure if that would be a problem for your university.

Additionally, side note, if you are looking for exam prep material in studying for the CPA. I personally used Roger CPA Review and it was extremely helpful in ensuring I passed all the exams.

Ask a Question