Canada Creating Bookkeeping Business

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am currently in my 2nd year of university and was thinking starting my own bookkeeping business would be a good way to earn some extra cash through school. I've been doing some research about how to go about starting up and what I would have to do, but could anyone provide a general list of services that most bookkeepers provide to their clients. I would be targeting mostly small businesses and entrepreneurs as clients. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi,

I would suggest you provide the services as a freelance bookkeeper at the start and once you get established, start your own bookkeeping business. You can tailor your services to the needs of your clients and by working closely with them, provide an individualized service.

If you don't have practical bookkeeping / tax accounting experience, then I suggest you get a job as a trainee / assistant position first. And it's a good idea not to tell recruiters that you intend to start your own business because doing so will reduce your chances of getting employment.

Ask a Question