UK EXAM assignment: Trial Balance, Stat. of Financial Positions, Cash Flow. HELP needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys

I am currently doing a 48h exam assignment. With a given trial balance and adjusting entries we have to:
- adjust the trial balance
- create a statement of financial positions
create a cash flow statement

I already worked on these in an excel sheet (enclosed as snapshots).
I feel safe about the trial balance but the numbers on the stat. of financial positions just don't add up. Debit and Credit are off and I have been desperately trying to alter the numbers in order to get a correct balance. Stat. of cash flow therefore can also be not correct.

Could you have a look and see where the error is in each case?
It would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks

Attachments

Triest123

VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you've made mistakes in the adjusted entries, I can't figure it out unless you post the trial balance
given by the queston.
Also I can't fully see item 3, 4, 8 & 9 as shown on your trial balance.PNG

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Well, the obvious answer to why your balance sheet does not balance is that you are missing current profit/loss for each year in the equity, you just have the opening balance of 10,700 at beginning of 2015 and dividend paid, but no profit/loss for 2015. Same for 2016.

Ask a Question