UK EXAM assignment: Trial Balance, Stat. of Financial Positions, Cash Flow. HELP needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys

I am currently doing a 48h exam assignment. With a given trial balance and adjusting entries we have to:
- adjust the trial balance
- create a statement of financial positions
create a cash flow statement

I already worked on these in an excel sheet (enclosed as snapshots).
I feel safe about the trial balance but the numbers on the stat. of financial positions just don't add up. Debit and Credit are off and I have been desperately trying to alter the numbers in order to get a correct balance. Stat. of cash flow therefore can also be not correct.

Could you have a look and see where the error is in each case?
It would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Triest123

VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you've made mistakes in the adjusted entries, I can't figure it out unless you post the trial balance
given by the queston.
Also I can't fully see item 3, 4, 8 & 9 as shown on your trial balance.PNG

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Well, the obvious answer to why your balance sheet does not balance is that you are missing current profit/loss for each year in the equity, you just have the opening balance of 10,700 at beginning of 2015 and dividend paid, but no profit/loss for 2015. Same for 2016.

Ask a Question