USA Majoring in accounting

Reaction score
I've decided to major accounting and will be taking the required business, econ, and accounting, and math courses this fall. I'd like to get a head start for next semester by obtaining as much information as I can this summer. If you guys could recommend me a few decent podcasts, books, Youtube tutorials, articles, applications (I'm thinking about peachtree) or any other relevant information that might help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Reaction score
I am currently majoring in accounting and I can not really tell you of any podcasts or youtube videos because I dont know of any but what I can tell you is to start studying Principles of accounting because you will be taking that soon and also if you are up for it Start studying Intermediate Accounting. Intermediate Accounting is divided into two part classes and those classes will be the toughest classes you take in your life. Also when you go for a job they will specifically ask you what you got in Intermediate Accounting II so yeah its that important. But you have time, you will be taking that in you junior year

Reaction score
I've decided to major accounting and will be taking the required business, econ, and accounting, and math courses this fall. I'd like to get a head start for next semester by obtaining as much information as I can this summer. If you guys could recommend me a few decent podcasts, books, Youtube tutorials, articles, applications (I'm thinking about peachtree) or any other relevant information that might help me I would greatly appreciate it.
One of the big deficiencies on my resume when I was looking for internships/positions was my lack of having any practical training with any accounting software (Excel doesn't count for much).

Meanwhile, when browsing CPA profiles of mid-size firms available online, some of them do list certifications like QuickBooks ProAdvisor, etc.

So, I would definitely recommend at least getting some sort of training/experience with some form of accounting software. Most college students won't be thinking all the way through to the practical side like that, so it can definitely give you a leg-up.

Reaction score
I started a project earlier this year called Ninja Notes.

Basically we provide managerial/financial accounting tablet tutorials on Youtube and we help you when we can on either our Twitter or Fbook feed if you need help with a question (though please don't ask many questions, there are others that message as well!)

I will upload videos in the later part of 2012 for Intermediate I and II accounting including videos for ASSET SIDE and LIABILITY SIDE.

You can find a link below or in my signature!

iNinjaNotes - YouTube

G'luck!

- Ninja Dave

Ask a Question