Student seeking work experience

Reaction score
I'm a transfer student seeking an Accounting degree. I'm 21 years of age.

In the Fall semester of this year, i will be transferring to a University to begin my foundation courses to start my career in Accounting.

The problem right now is that I want to obtain some experience in the field of Accounting. I have no experience in Accounting work except for two Accounting classes I took at my Community College: Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting. I have sent several e-mails to near Accounting Firms and Tax Services offices as well as non-profit organizations but I have gotten no reply.

By the way, all the e-mails I have sent, I have told them that I am willing to do voluntary work seeking the opportunity for future employment, and that I will be working towards my Accounting Degree.

I really want to get this experience in my resume even if I am not paid for it because I have seen alot of people posting saying that they cant find a job, because they don't have any experience and they already have an Accounting Degree!!!!

Reaction score
You should definitely speak to the career counseling center and inform them that you're seeking an accounting internship. They'll be glad to help!

Reaction score
You should definitely speak to the career counseling center and inform them that you're seeking an accounting internship. They'll be glad to help!
^ This

Plus, don't be afraid to look in uncommon places. There are many charities/non-profits that could use some accounting help. You can do double duty on your resume with charitable experience + work experience.

Ask a Question