USA Thinking of switch from Ultra Tax, any suggestions? Prepare 500 1040,12 1120, 92 1041.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Prepare 500 1040,12 1120, 92 1041. I have been pretty happy with UT but the cost is high. I am currently using their Virtual Office which is convenient to access. As long as I stay in tax software and File Cabinet things run fairly smooth. Their Practice CS is difficult at best. Spending $670/month. Any suggestions? I have been with UT for over 20 years. I am just single preparer.

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I pay a little more for Lacerte. I do not do that many 1040/1041 but do a lot more 1120/1120S/1065 and also a lot of multi-state issues.

Lacerte is ok but Intuit sucks. When they bought Lacerte many years ago I left Lacerte. I had to return mostly for the multi-state issues.

I would like to find a replacement myself. But transitioning is a task, requires learning a new software, and the other providers simply do not seem interested in helping evaluate their software, and making the transition. Some simply cannot meet my needs given the fact that I file all types of income tax returns and estate/gift tax returns.

The biggest drawbacks to Lacerte are it is owned and controlled by Intuit, it is not cloud based so you cannot work from anywhere, and it is more costly than just about any other program.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply Drmdcpa. I have to admit, Ultra Tax in the cloud is very convenient.

Ask a Question