UK Want to learn how to do a tax computation

Jos

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Im a book keeper who can prepare a profit and loss account and balance sheet.

But then my work is sent off to a accountant who checks and alters if necessary and sorts out all the tax aspects etc.

Im not qualified but i have previously work for a firm of accountants for a couple of years and now i work part time.

Lately, ive been offered work off a variety of self employed people but i dont want to take on such work unless im comfortable in doing year end tax computations .

Ive been looking online for examples etc or even learning videos but i cannot find anything suitable.

I feel filling out a tax form cannot be that difficult based on the figures issued although im not sure how to account for assets purchased during the year.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Jos

Reaction score
I'm in the US, not the UK, and I have never tried an online training course, but it is hard for me to believe that an online training class in taxes could ever be a complete substitute for a class with an instructor who can answer questions as you go along. I suggest that you look for training courses in or near your community.

Ask a Question