USA What account to use?

Reaction score
My husband is an owner/operator truck driver. His income is purely service based - the delivery of the load. We have an expense I'm not sure where to charge to. He damaged a loading door by accident and we paid $1000 to repair the door. I am struggling with what account to apply this expense to. Would it just be a normal expense (repairs) since we don't really have a COGs accounts or would it be condsidered cost of labor? My repairs account is reserved for actual truck repairs and I don't want to artifically inflate that account. Please help as i want my books to make sense.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi sorry about the accident. Since you do not want to record that in your repairs account, open a new one - use "miscellaneous expenses" or if you want to be specific to this cost try "reimbursed damages expense" or something along those lines. If you have property damage liability coverage on the truck then you could file a claim - but offset by an expected rise in insurance coverage rates in the future.

Ask a Question