What is the best accounting software to use?

Reaction score
Its not hard to get a good accounting software. Every accounting software will fulfill the need you want however usage may be a bit different. I think the best are:

Peachtree
Quickbooks
Xero

Quickbooks and Xero are online. I would prefer you to use some free accounting. You can try www readyratios.com/ for the time being as it is free at the moment. It auto calculates all the things perfectly you. You just need to enter your data. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Every business has different needs when it comes to accounting and finance software. While small companies may be able to use spreadsheets, larger companies need something more. It's important to have a solution that you can trust in order to make important business decisions based on the data.

Reaction score
The way the accounting software proceed the report is importance

I used the ICS, MYOB and UBS system before... Currently i feel that the ICS software quite easy to use and easy to understand when process the report... From my point of view, the way to key in the double entry for every acc quite same d... just the difference was the report they process..

Reaction score
I use quickbooks in every accounting jobs I do. Simply amazing, makes my task easier.

Reaction score
accounting software for different countries?

Hi there,
I am a German accountant and we have three GmbH's and two LTD's. In the moment the bookkeeping is with an UK accountant but we want to do that ourselves for the LTD's in Germany. Our accountant in the UK suggested Quickbooks or Sage as a good software to use. Can anybody recommend this software? Or is there better software out there? Do you know about a software with which you can do the accounts for several companies in different countries?
Meggie

Reaction score
I am a accountant from south africa and the most popular accountant software to use is pastel. But i heard that quickbooks are easier and cheaper to use. Accountantfinder
thanks brother from your guidance as you mentioned i am also accountant in construction company but there is no accounting software i am working in excel sheet so, now the company owner wanna keep up the quick book software so how i can learn before they start in company.

Reaction score
Dear All,
i am in series condition,i do accounting diploma now i got the job unfortunately i don't have accounting experience so how can i do to pass my probationary period and to give positive report for my line manager.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would suggest signing up for a free trial period to an on-line accountancy application and then practicing at home on an evening. You will be able to enter dummy entries for sales income and expenses and you will soon work out how to navigate the system. Most on-line accounting applications are quite straight forward to use.

Reaction score
It is a very complicated question and everyone has own opinion.
If you need software for small business you can use online and free versions, but you will be ready to change your experience and solutions when you change weight category of your business. My experience suggests me use more complicated software with an eye to future business growth.
I am testing a new software now and I would suggest look for IMPFORCE. (I hope it will not be considered as spam by respected members)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

At the end of the day, it's the user that needs to be satisfied with the package that they will be using. Accounting Software is a label that has probably inhibited the marketability of said applications. The products are actually Business Software with the added advantage of your accounts being neatly collated in the background.

In other words, choose the package that you find most appropriate for running your business on.

Gidon

Reaction score
I have used TaxSlayer Pro for 9 years and I really like their TaxSlayer Books program. It's only $99 and every bit as good as quickbooks.

Ask a Question