What is the best accounting software to use?

Reaction score
My friend is an independent distributor (route sales). He owns a bread delivery route. What would be the best accounting software for him to use to keep track of his business expenses?

Reaction score
Greetings, Everyone!

Just wanted to nip in after registering and say hello to everyone on the board - Look forward to following the conversations here!

alzheimersisnotwaiting com

Reaction score
Try Numia. This is a Free online accounting software. Very ease to use and also it is secures.

Reaction score
Best Software?

It depends on many attributes you can search for on a particular software. But most people will use big names Tax software such as " Intuit".

Reaction score
There are various free accounting software other there and each one is great, the choice would merely depends on what you and your company need.You might wanna try reading
basic-bookkeeping-courses.com/basicbookkeepingsoftware.html]Basic Bookkeeping Software[/url]. There is a comprehensive discussion on different accounting software there and I hope I was able to help.Cheers!

Reaction score
It really depends. There's way too many variables to cover in a simple post like this. Your friend should consider calling an accountant, especially if he's expecting to gross 50-70k or more. Most accountants offer free initial consultations to small business owners. Allow the accountant to guide your software choice.

If he's expecting revenues of less than 50k, then keep it simple. Unless your friend has a background in accounting himself, I'd stay stick with QuickBooks. It's cheap, relatively intuitive, extremely well documented, and when you need help finding support is usually quick and easy.

Reaction score
I believe that TioLive makes a really good job. I use it for my accounting studies and it really helps! I've learned how it works in one afternoon thanks to their documentation.
I have written to the support twice or three times, they have always answered quickly and precisely to my question.

Reaction score
My friend is an independent distributor (route sales). He owns a bread delivery route. What would be the best accounting software for him to use to keep track of his business expenses?

simply accounting should cover all your bases and then more to something more substantial later

Reaction score
I am a accountant from south africa and the most popular accountant software to use is pastel. But i heard that quickbooks are easier and cheaper to use. Accountantfinder

Reaction score
I work for a company (Aplos software) that is very new. We designed software with someone with little to no accounting experience in mind. We just completed a nonprofit accounting software that is super easy to use and is integrated with a people database and contribution management so nonprofits can keep track of important people (like donors).

Reaction score
Best software

Well my accountant recommends pastel,i have used it and its simple enough and even i can understand it. accountantfinder.co.za

Reaction score
The most honest answer? There is no software available that is "easy" or "quick". The issue is with initial setup. Knowing basic accounting principle is rather essential so if this is not your forte' , then I would suggest hiring someone. However, if you do, then after the initial setup of the company the software becomes helpful.

Reaction score
Simply Accounting
is a good software to use and its pretty easy . . . !!!

Reaction score
why are there no answer for an accounting software, but I think MYOB and sage peach tree are one of the best accounting software that are widely used

Reaction score
i am not professional but i thing you could consider online accounting software - it's easier to use and backups and upgrades are taken care of automatically by the service provider.

Reaction score
Starting my own LLC

I'm starting my own professional services company during 2011 that offers CPA services (accounting & tax) to small businesses as well as individuals. The company is going to be structured as a LLC. At this point, I am going to be running the business out of my home office and have 1 client lined up with the hopes of many more. Working at a big 4 accounting firm and then in industry, I have not seen a lot of the software packages suitable for small businesses. Which software package would be the best for my purposes? I know that Intuit has a Quickbooks for Accountant but have also heard Peachtree Complete Accounting is good. Do any software packages do accounting and taxes?

Reaction score
Here is a list of my most favorite accounting software: deanco.co.uk/links.html

Reaction score
Krzemer,

I provide accounting services to small businesses and my preferred software is Quickbooks. They also have a tax program called ProFile (in Canada) which integrates with Quickbooks. It's simple to use for clients, easy to access and cheap. You can see more on it's suitability here:
Quickbooks accounting software for smalll Business

Reaction score
Depends on the company need

Are you looking at only accounting? or are you looking at an ERP package..

there are lot of products for small to medium businesses and are especially helpful if you are having more than 1 company and you need to consolidate them.

Ask a Question