USA Which CPA review is best for me? Help!

FAU

Reaction score
Hello, and thank you for having me on the forum. I am an accounting student at FAU. I just finished my 4 year B.B.A in Accounting, and I'm planning to take the CPA exam hopefully within the next year.

I have been searching for the best CPA exam review for me. Here is what I need:

1. Easy to understand materials.
2. Live support, either by phone/online in order to explain things I don't understand.
3. Cost effective (money is tight, so the cheaper the better).

I've looked into the following:

1. Becker (seems overpriced)
2. Yeager (has some good reviews)
3. Wiley (seems that this is mostly supplemental)
4. Bisk (I don't think they have live support?)
5. Gleim (No idea)
6. CPAExcel (cheapest I believe)

I'm sure that there are many more out there, but that's what I've looked into as of now.

I'd really like to avoid going with Becker, as the price is really too much for me to afford right now. If any of you have experience with other CPA review courses that offer live support and are easy to understand, please let me know and I'd be glad to start going in that direction.

Thanks again.

JJ

FAU

Reaction score
Hello, and thank you for having me on the forum. I am an accounting student at FAU. I just finished my 4 year B.B.A in Accounting, and I'm planning to take the CPA exam hopefully within the next year.

I have been searching for the best CPA exam review for me. Here is what I need:

1. Easy to understand materials.
2. Live support, either by phone/online in order to explain things I don't understand.
3. Cost effective (money is tight, so the cheaper the better).

I've looked into the following:

1. Becker (seems overpriced)
2. Yeager (has some good reviews)
3. Wiley (seems that this is mostly supplemental)
4. Bisk (I don't think they have live support?)
5. Gleim (No idea)
6. CPAExcel (cheapest I believe)

I'm sure that there are many more out there, but that's what I've looked into as of now.

I'd really like to avoid going with Becker, as the price is really too much for me to afford right now. If any of you have experience with other CPA review courses that offer live support and are easy to understand, please let me know and I'd be glad to start going in that direction.

Thanks again.

JJ

Anybody????

bklynboy

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Its been 20 years since I took the course. All I can tell you is that Becker is a higher price as its endorsed by the Big 4 and provides live classes. The others I think are all self study type programs. If you have a strong grasp of accounting stick to the lower cost options otherwise spend more to get more interaction in the live courses to really get the understanding. Note that if you work for an audit firm, typically there is a subsidy they pay to help offset the cost.

FAU

Reaction score
Its been 20 years since I took the course. All I can tell you is that Becker is a higher price as its endorsed by the Big 4 and provides live classes. The others I think are all self study type programs. If you have a strong grasp of accounting stick to the lower cost options otherwise spend more to get more interaction in the live courses to really get the understanding. Note that if you work for an audit firm, typically there is a subsidy they pay to help offset the cost.
Thanks for the reply.

I really just want self-study, with virtual tests, and a live support feature, so that I can speak to someone if I get lost on a topic along the way.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't see Roger CPA review on the list. That's what I used and I can't recommend it enough!

Some of the unique features that Roger has that I really liked:

1. Smartpath- it tracks your progress by comparing your results to students who have already passed the exam. You use it to see what areas you need to focus more on. As far as I know, no other review course has anything like it.
  2. Study hub- data base of questions submitted by students for specific questions which Roger’s team answer in detail. It’s really helpful if you get stuck on a question and don’t know what to do.
  3. The mobile app- You can pass all the CPA exams by using only your phone if you wanted to. You can find everything they offer on their web platform on their mobile app as well. I really think Roger has THE BEST mobile app in the market.

Ask a Question