USA Worthwhile to add QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification to a resume?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have my undergrad in economics, and I currently work for a payroll processing company. I've always wanted to become a CPA, learn more about accounting, and eventually be a part of a firm though. It's a goal of mine to someday get my MAcc.

Anyway, both to round out my work/professional experience AND to add a nice little extra to my resume, I've been looking at the QuickBooks ProAdvisor training that Intuit offers. I don't have much practical accounting experience, and when interviewing with accounting firms in the past, I've also had to say no when they asked about practical experience with accounting software (Excel doesn't count for much)

Has anybody gone through the certification program? Has it been a good addition to your resume and experience? Is it designed more for people who have had previous experience with the software? What about those of us just starting out and looking for a way to pick up some practical skills

Is it worth the cost? Every year?

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks!

Ask a Question