UK AAT vs A-Level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have an A-Level in accounting and need some help..

I am now in full time employment (non-accountancy related) and want to continue to study accountancy from home. I have been looking at studying with AAT, however I do not know where to start based on my current knowledge. I am aware that AAT goes up in three levels - Introductory, intermediate and advanced. I just don't know whether this will learn me anything new, or will further my qualifications.

I did attend University for some time to study Accountancy further, but dropped out in my second year as I went onto full time employment. I am in a dilemma or where to start with my accountancy studies again, with an A-Level qualification already. I want to make the right choice for me based on my current knowledge.

Can anyone recommend the best way to get my Accounting studies kick started again?

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You can't just decide which level you wish to start at. You'd be placed at a level when you register as a student and that would be based on any exemptions that you might be able to claim on account of prior qualifications. I'm afraid your A level is probably not going to get you any exemptions, but best asking them for yourself just to be sure.

Best of luck of luck with your studies!

Ask a Question