USA Accounting Software Evaluation

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone in Technology/Software Industry has implemented a new accounting system recently. My company is hoping to move on from QuickBooks due to our need for a new software that can consolidated including foreign entities and currencies, SalesForce integration, and revenue recognition according to ASC 606 a top priority. So far, we have looked into Dynamics GP, 365, NetSuite, Acumatica, Sage Intacct, and SAP Business One. They all seem to be able to perform what we need. The pricing varies with NetSuite and Sage Intacct at the highest, Acumatica and SAP in the middle, and Dynamics the cheapest. Has anyone used the mentioned products in the same capacity as noted? any thoughts or comments into implementation and overall customers service and usability would be appreciated. Thank you

Reaction score
Country
United States
I Would like to know from a Bookkeeper/Accountant prospective if the desktop version is more productive, in my opinion it is!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone in Technology/Software Industry has implemented a new accounting system recently. My company is hoping to move on from QuickBooks due to our need for a new software that can consolidated including foreign entities and currencies, SalesForce integration, and revenue recognition according to ASC 606 a top priority. So far, we have looked into Dynamics GP, 365, NetSuite, Acumatica, Sage Intacct, and SAP Business One. They all seem to be able to perform what we need. The pricing varies with NetSuite and Sage Intacct at the highest, Acumatica and SAP in the middle, and Dynamics the cheapest. Has anyone used the mentioned products in the same capacity as noted? any thoughts or comments into implementation and overall customers service and usability would be appreciated. Thank you
Most of my experience has been with QuickBooks and recently Syteline. Those systems seem to work well to me. I just tried Netsuite out at a new job I worked at and found it difficult to learn within 1 or 2 days. I would say it would have taken me a week to learn Netsuite when switching from another accounting software. I can’t say how Netsuite compares but when trying it for the first time (after a lot of experience with QuickBooks and Syteline) it was going to take me longer than 2 days to really get up to processing a full volume of work at my business (like 50 simple invoices) per day. It would probably take me a week to really be fast (as others with training or experience) at using it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I Would like to know from a Bookkeeper/Accountant prospective if the desktop version is more productive, in my opinion it is!
I like the desktop version of QuickBooks much more than the internet version.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Nick,

I was just wondering what software you are using now. One of my clients also has the same requirements as yours.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey nick, Just saw your post on software recommendations for ERP. I am writing to inquire if you are still looking for a new system, If you are could tell me about your organization type and requirements ? I can recommend ERP based on the vertical and how many modules you are looking for and what kind of hosting options and budget.
Thanks,
Nikhil

Reaction score
Country
United States
When evaluating accounting software, it's essential to consider several factors to ensure it aligns with your business needs. First, assess the software's core functionality, such as general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, and financial reporting, to determine if it covers your basic accounting requirements. Next, evaluate scalability and compatibility with your business's size and industry. Consider user-friendliness, as intuitive software can reduce training time and errors. Integration capabilities with other business systems, like payroll or inventory management, are crucial for efficiency. Additionally, think about security measures to protect sensitive financial data and compliance with relevant regulations. Lastly, examine pricing, including upfront costs, ongoing fees, and potential for scalability as your business grows, to make an informed decision based on both your current and future accounting needs.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,
Hey Nick
I found this one while scrolling the website for new software solutions. So I hope my input might contribute to your decision. So, yes, some new solutions with automated workflows are there that also support team collaboration. One was named Quadient, another was Chargebee, and one that attracted me was Cadency Global. I found that on my visit to Accountex Canada 2023 in November. After getting a product demo, I learned you can integrate your ERP software or accounting system to sync your data.
I have experienced product demos of many software including Sage, Quickbooks, Chaser, and many others. Cadency Global was one that appealed to me due to its interface and userfriendliness. After getting a demo online with their team, I found that they have a dedicated customer portal for customers to make payments, and it has an automated invoicing system. Currently, I am considering between Cadency Global and Quadient after a few product demos, but considering the pricing and user-friendliness I am more likely to choose Cadency. You can get a demo and see if this is the one you are looking for. Because as a small business owner, I think Cadency Global is worth for the features and subscription charges.
I hope it helps you make a decision.

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
Hi NickFT, I am an IT Business Systems Analyst who specializes in Oracle Hyperion Essbase and Planning. I am experienced with Dynamics GP and Oracle E-Business Suite, and Microsoft Accounting, among other software applications. I have 20+ years working with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle 11g database, both as an administrator and developer. I am currently freelancing, and I have supported migrations from QuickBooks to other GL systems. If you would like to have a discussion, let me know.
Have a good day!

Ask a Question