Canada Getting into Accounting or Computer Programming with minimum working experience at 30 years old?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi there, I am new to this forum. Thank you in advance for any insight you can share.

I am feeling pretty lost and depressed with my career prospects at age 30. I graduated 7 years ago with a Bachelor majoring in Economics with an Accounting minor. Throughout these past 7 years since graduation I have only collected a minimum amount of work experience because of personal mental health reasons. The only relevant experience that I had is less than 6 month's worth of experience as an accounting clerk within a year after graduation.

I live in Toronto, Ontario in Canada and I am wondering if it is more practical for me to get back into the Accounting career path instead of spending 3 years on a Computer Programming Diploma, mainly in terms of the time it would take and the potential job/survival prospects.

Thank you very much.

Ask a Question