USA Getting into accounting with a bachelor's in economics and an associate's in accounting

Reaction score
Country
United States
So my ultimate goal is to become a financial analyst and I hear that accounting is a good way to enter. it's my own fault I only took a couple of accounting courses in undergrad, and I don't have a lot of accounting to show on my resume when applying for jobs.

I was thinking about getting an associate's in accounting and working bookkeeper, ap/ar roles. from there, since you need a bachelor's degree to become a staff accountant, would a bachelor's in econ (but not a lot of upper division accounting courses) along with accounting assistant/bookkeeper experience make me eligible for becoming a staff accountant?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
A more direct path would be to earn a bachelor 's degree in accounting.

Reaction score
Country
India
I would also suggest for go for Bachelor's in Commerce in spite it would be difficult and costly. An investment in Knowledge pays the highest dividend. If any distance course is available it can be pursued in line with commerce.

Reaction score
Country
India
If you have good interest and passion for accountancy and finance, then why not!? Accounts have a lot to offer to you in terms of your career. Your step one to study accounts, in particular, is to get the basic concepts right. The entire accounting and finance castle stands on a couple of very basic rules and principles. Another awesome side to accounts is the professional courses - you can enhance your accounting career by pursuing courses like CMA, CPA, etc., which will add value and repute on your every step.

Ask a Question