USA How can I organize keeping records?

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Could you please give me any advices? I don’t have experience in accounting, but I am really wanted to get it and earn my money let’s say not big, but mine. My friend asks me to help her to organize the keeping records in a property management company if they have 40 houses for rent, for example? As common thing, she is not interested to hire an experienced accountant. She would like to have separate account for each property in order to see how much she spent for particular house for maintenance, how much revenue did she have and what amount of tax does she have to pay for each house. In my view, I can try to do that in Excel, but I don’t know if it is possible to do somehow in Quickbooks. When I took Quickbooks class in college, we set-up one company and learnt how to make transactions, adjustment entries, writing deposits, checks, invoices, financial statements and so on. Therefore, now I am a little bit lost:(. How will be better to organize everything within one company?
I would be really thankful for any ideas and advice. Thank you.

Ask a Question