Looking for advice for work

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I relocated to Florida from the UK a little over two months ago. Having now settled in to our new home, it's time for me to start looking for work.

I left behind a relatively successful business in which I provided accountancy outsourcing to other accountants and accountancy practices. I started the business about 8 months before we left the UK so it didn't get a chance to really hit its stride.

My husband will be working panama shifts with the USAF so to have any chance of spending time together, I'm looking for some flexible work. I've begun by looking for local part-time jobs or full time remote positions and have had no luck with either.

Back in the UK, I would feel confident enough to start another business, I'm CIMA (chartered institute of management accountants) qualified and have great experience as both a management accountant and head bookkeeper in an accountancy practice so I have lots to offer. But here in the US, I don't know about preparing or filing tax, preparing paperwork for new businesses (I've heard this is done by a solicitor rather than an accountant in the US?) or even the types of services companies look to outsource.

Here are a few of my key questions
*Can anyone provide some work experience / know of any suitable employment opportunities?
*What courses are there to get me up to date with US tax? Do I need a course in both state and federal tax?
*How popular is outsourcing bookkeeping or management accounts by small/medium businesses?
*Any advice on starting an accountancy business here in the US?

Thanks so much for reading and I look forward to chatting with you in the future.

Nicola

Ask a Question