Looking for advice on whom to hire

Reaction score
This is a pretty broad cry for help. My husband started his own contracting business and we have, quite honestly, done no accounting since it's inception 3 years ago. We are obviously in over our heads and i don't know who to turn to: accountant, bookkeeper, etc. I apologize for my ignorance and would appreciate and advice.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
First see if someone else in your line of work can refer you to someone who understands your industry. Next best is reference from friend who has any business. Ideally you want someone who can do your books and your taxes. Be sure though that only you handle the cash and the checkbook for payments. Never outsource that. If first two options fail then try yelp and read reviews and ask for references

Reaction score
Kirby is very right, referrals is really a good avenue to exploit, to keep cost down, getting a small bookkeepper is the way to go.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No taller than four foot one inch, preferably. Can fit in your purse like a toy chihuahua and yap tax advice. :)

Last edited:

Truemanbrown

VIP Member
Reaction score
I would pick a number of local accountants and ask for a consultation. Getting references from friends in business should help you.

Most accountants will give you a free, initial consultation so make sure that you ask if they can give you that. Have a number of questions prepared.

In the end, you will have to make a decision that is right for you!

Ask a Question