Accounting Certifications

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello friends,

I have a question for you that I would appreciate if you could help me with.

I look forward to obtaining an accounting certification but I am still not sure which one, I am thinking CMA or CFA. Please note that my major is finance but after working, I found myself more into accounting specially that most of my work is accounting related more than finance.

I am also looking forward to working as freelancer accountant so I would like to gain accounting experience in many industries so I could work for different companies as a freelancer. So I would like to know which one of the certificates would give me that knowledge and an overview about everything in accounting.

Also, I would like to know which companies offer the best accounting courses like Wiley and Becker. And can I share their cost with someone instead of paying the whole course fees myself as they're super expensive.

Looking forward to your answers.

Thank you very much and nice e-meeting you.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Lubna,

If you're considering accounting as your priority of career paths, then I suggest going for the CMA first. Keep in mind that this is not necessary to work as a freelancer online, and that rather experience is what will standout the most in this sort of environment.

To gain such experience, you may want to consider cheaper options than certification through Wiley or Becker (through Udemy or others). But if you're adamant about going for the CMA, I strongly recommend Becker. They aren't cheap, but I would not have the CPA today if it wasn't for Becker. They're definitely the best option.

Best of luck to you!

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ask a Question