CPA Exam requirement question?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello - Has anybody here sat for the CPA exam without satisfying the 2-year work experience requirement?

AGH the CPA

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
that requirement is state specific I believe. In VA, until just recently, the experience did not have to be under a CPA, only in a finance/accounting field.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are four CPA Exam sections you must pass to complete the Uniform CPA Examination, divided by major topics: Auditing & Attestation (AUD), Business Environment & Concepts (BEC), Financial Accounting & Reporting (FAR), and Regulation (REG). Each section is tested separately in its own four-hour exam.

Reaction score
Country
India
You wouldn't need the 2 years' experience to appear for the exams. You will need it to get the license. So, worry not as of now, clear your exams and then you can think of getting the experience. Also, for certain states, the experience requirement is only 1 year.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The requirements vary from state to state. But all of them require to sit for and pass the 4 sections of the CPA exam.

FAR- Financial Accounting and Reporting
AUD- Auditing and Attestation
REG- Regulation
BEC- Business Environment and Concepts

In order to pass those exams you need a CPA review course, otherwise it's almost impossible. I have been using Roger CPA Review and I have nothing but good things to say. It is a great course with a lot of unique features that other review courses don't offer. Basically Roger's course would give you all the tools you need in order to pass the exams, the rest is up to you! Good luck!

Ask a Question