USA CPA Exam Requirements

Reaction score
Country
United States
I graduated with an Accounting degree back in 2004, but unfortunately never obtained my CPA. I am now interested in sitting for the CPA, but I only have 120 credit hours. I know that most states will allow to sit for the exam with 120, but require 150 hours to get licensed. I figure I would sit for it, then get the additional hours after taking the exam in order to get licensed.

As I was going through to see which states are the cheapest to take the exam, I came across Guam. Guam's application fee is the cheapest ($50), and the total cost is $100 cheaper than most other states.

Does anyone know anything about having taken the exam through Guam? I am hoping I can take the exam, obtain the addition 30 hours to get licensed through Guam, and then have the license transferred to whatever state I will be in. Is this possible?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
From where I live, roundtrip to Guam averages about $2K. So unless you are planning to row there, better look at the all-included cost.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You don't have to go to that state or territory to take the exam. For example, back in 2007 I began taking the California CPA exam from Missouri. You can go to any testing center, as long as you have a NTS, etc... from the state you are registered.

Ask a Question