Masters in Accounting for Non-Accounting Major

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a junior math major considering pursuing a Masters in Accounting once I graduate. There are several programs I'm looking into that don't require the applicant to have majored in accounting or business. None are top-tier, though I currently attend a well-ranked school.

My questions are:

1. Are there significant job prospects for a graduate if you don't get the Masters from a top-ranked school?

2. Is it possible to obtain a job without having had an accounting internship? I won't have had one.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
What do you consider a significant job prospect? Is it a particular salary, working conditions, location or something else.

Reaction score
A Bachelor’s in accounting degree is the first step you need to take before delving further into a career in accounting and auditing. As you continue studying and gaining experience, you grow higher in this profession. Bachelor Accounting degree is the first step in this process.

So after you get Bachelor's you can go for higher studies but it will give you a good job for sure.

Ask a Question