USA Masters in Accounting Online?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

I have a few questions and I really need your advice. Thanks to everyone in advance! I graduated with an econ major with 3.9 GPA.Closer to the end of my degree I had to take one accounting class and I really liked it. At that point it was too late for me to switch my major. Right now I am looking for online masters programs in accounting for students with no accounting background. I found a few, and some of them did not require GMAT, which means that I can start almost right away. They prepare for CPA exam and are accredited by AACSB. I want to ask your thoughts on that. If you pass a CPA exam, will it matter for the employer whether you got your masters on line or not? Will this affect your prospects to get a good job? What about schools that do not require GMAT? I am myself prefer on campus education, but due to family circumstances I cannot physically attend school at this point. I will have to wait at least a few years before I will be able, but time is gold for me right now. I have to move on.

Thanks again for your support and advice in advance!

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
First off - that a school "does not require the GMAT and I can start right away" - you should look at this as - "the school could care less if I am prepared for advanced schooling - they just want my bucks". That ought to tell you something about the school.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, I agree with you. That's why I did not fall for it but decided to ask opinions here. Thanks so much for your reply!

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Second - I am not a fan of online schools. I put it this way - if you need brain surgery - do you want a dr from a traditional med school or a dr from an online med school --if there were such a thing.

And the fact that there is no "online med school" speaks for itself about online degrees.

Ask a Question