UK Self employed tax return

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I need some help from some one who knows about accounting.
I am a self employed mini cab drivers in London. Last time I have done a tax return through an account was in 2012. Since then i have not submitted any tax return. I even missed last self assessment tax return.
Now how can I get it right with out going to jail. I cannot change job cause new job will ask for p45, which I don't have.
Call me laze or ignorance but I am fuked. Now can anyone help me to get out off it.

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, just to clarify, you haven't paid any tax on your earnings for the last eight years?

Best you can do is work out how much tax you owe over that period, then speak to HMRC and fess up because if you want to get it right, then that's what you're going to have to do.

You'll likely receive a late payment fine and have to pay interest on the tax that you haven't paid. Whether or not you get jailed is not for me to say, although it will go in your favour if you contact HMRC first to sort it out.

Ask a Question